Visionary manufactures Audio and Video Internet Protocol (AV over IP) equipment that provides real-time transport of audio and video over IP networks. With SD, HD and 4K encoders that support the latest technology standards, such as Dante™, H.264, and JPEG2000, Visionary’s modular solutions are recognized around the world for their outstanding value, performance, flexibility, and quality. With a company-wide focus on customer satisfaction through collaboration and hands-on support, Visionary is a trusted partner for high-quality AV over IP solutions for enterprise, education, healthcare, government, professional A/V, cable, broadband, and broadcast applications.
Visionary was founded and incorporated in the State of California as a privately held C-corporation in August of 1995. The company began with a primary focus on electronic design for video cameras. With strong relationships to prime suppliers in the industry including Sony, Hitachi, and Panasonic, VSI leveraged in-depth familiarity with video component technology to develop a “visionary solution” that gave customers maximum control, performance, and flexibility at an extremely competitive price. The company carried this level of ingenuity into the encoding area and began providing solutions to the market as it began a transition to IP transport.
Today, Visionary develops advanced AV over IP technologies that compete as reliable, cost-effective means of audio and video transport throughout all Pro A/V related markets, standards, and formats.
- 2022: Visionary continues to deliver product, meeting huge demand spike, despite worldwide supply chain issues.
- 2022: Visionary wins the prestigious Inavation Award for Applied Technology for the Resorts World Las Vegas project.
- 2021: Visionary selected as the AV over IP products for Resorts World Las Vegas, likely the largest AV over IP installation in the world.
- 2021: Visionary introduces the Duet-2 AV over IP series, the first with USB-C connectivity.
- 2020: Visionary develops and delivers the first AV over IP Wallplate Encoder with Bluetooth® Audio
- 2019: Visionary releases its PacketAV® Sentinel Network Monitoring software.
- 2019: Visionary receives the MondoDR award for the Atlanta Braves stadium project.
- 2019: Visionary delivers its first Duet Wallplate Encoder, fanless with 45 degree exit RJ-45.
- 2018: Visionary is added to the QSC® strategic partnership program with native Q-SYS control and audio integration.
- 2018: Visionary develops its first Q-SYS™ plugin, marking a true integration of AV over IP control from an audio DSP, including live thumbnail previews on a touch panel.
- 2017: Visionary introduces its Duet AV over IP series, the first with true Dante® integration.
- 2016: Visionary 4K UHD AV over IP encoder and decoder selected for rAVe Publications InfoComm Top-10 Must See products.
- 2016: Visionary launches new 4K UHD AV over IP encoder and decoder.
- 2015: Visionary launches new line of Dante® products, including the PNA-D4, the first POE+ Dante amplifier.
- 2014: Visionary is awarded the NewBay Media Best of Show Award from TV Technology for the PackeTV® IPTV System at the 2014 NAB Show.
- 2014: Visionary launches PackeTV® IPTV System, an end-to-end IP video network and asset management solution that enables secure, scheduled, and on-demand delivery of live and recorded video.
- 2012: Visionary introduces PackeTV® Mobile, a fully integrated HLS server.
- 2012: Visionary AVN443 H.264 encoder tested and approved by NASA for use on the International Space Station to stream HD video to earth. All encoders on the ISS are still working today.
- 2011: Visionary awarded a five-year federal supply Schedule Information Technology (IT) contract by the United States GSA that positions the company as a preferred choice for government agencies looking to purchase IPTV equipment.
- 2011: Visionary moves into new, larger company headquarters in Santa Barbara, Calif. to accommodate its expanding business and a growing staff roster.
- 2007: Visionary launches the AVN4XX series of HD H.264 encoders.
- 2006: Visionary launches the Media Processing Platform and support for H.264 encoding. Visionary Solutions establishes its national manufacturers’ representative network.
- 2004: Visionary expands into the IPTV arena with the wildly successful AVN200 encoder.
- 2002: Visionary introduces its first AV over IP product, the AVN100.
- 1999: ViperCam Intraoral Video Camera rated #1 by Reality Magazine.
- 1998: Visionary begins development of AV over IP.
- 1996: Visionary designs and manufactures the ViperCam Intraoral Video Camera with Integra Medical
- 1995: Visionary founded.
Visionary is a privately-held company.
“Visionary Solutions encoders and decoders enabled us to provide a large-scale, integrated networked video solution with features and quality that met or exceeded our expectations and those of our client.”
“I tested a lot of equipment, and Visionary Solutions was the one we liked the most. Their products are great, and they operate flawlessly. They have been bug free and reliable. We also like the relationship we have with the company.”
“When we brought in Visionary Solutions to talk to the management at Binion’s, they gave a very impressive presentation. Visionary Solutions has accomplished so much in the market, they have quality products that are affordable, and their technology performs even better than we expected.”
“This project was my first experience working with Visionary, and I look forward to working with them again. I can’t speak enough about their level of customer support. They understand the products in and out. Their ’round-the-clock technical support sets them apart from other manufacturers that I’ve worked with.”
“We incorporated Visionary’s PacketAV Matrix Series Encoders and Decoders to provide a solution that is scalable based on changing room designs for different event functions. Each LED video wall features four PacketAV D4100 Decoders that enable up to four separate images or a single large image. An additional D4100 Decoder was provided to ensure the banquet space can be flexibly extended with a video display output.”
“I’m happy with the system that AVI Systems created for us. The system is working great, and I’m impressed with the quality and reliability of Visionary’s PacketAV Matrix Series. The cost-effectiveness and the stability of Visionary’s PacketAV Matrix Series was an important selling point for us.”